Love to be outside? Take pride in being a hard worker? Want to work somewhere that serves a mission?
At Tree Trust we focus on transforming lives and landscapes through three divisions: Career Pathways, Community Forestry, and Landscape Services. This position is located in our Landscape Services division which offers professional tree care and landscaping services at market rates with the profits supporting other Tree Trust programs including green industry skills and employment-readiness training to youth and young adults, and community forestry initiatives.
From simple projects to complex designs, Landscape Services has the experience to complete tree and landscape projects to the highest standards – on time and on budget.
Job Purpose: To provide high-quality, efficient, safe, and timely services for Tree Trust clients, ensuring their satisfaction with our performance.
Job Summary: This position works with a dedicated team to perform tree care tasks successfully and safely.
What You Will Get from This Role:
- Excellent benefits package includes Vacation, Sick, 10 paid holidays, 401(k), 3 Health Insurance options, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Voluntary additional life insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Disability, and an FSA
- Collaborative, supportive, productive yet fun work culture. In a recent employee survey 100% of respondents reported that their "co-workers treated them with respect.”
- Opportunity to work with a mission driven team, with supportive leadership, while also having appropriate autonomy and freedom to take initiative and ownership.
Tree Trust actively seeks to build a staff that reflects the diversity of the population and community it serves, and that’s why we strongly encourage people of color to apply.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Daily preparation of trucks, equipment, and inventory: report on time, load all equipment/materials for the day’s work, check all equipment is in working order.
- Follow instruction from supervisor to accurately perform and manage tree care tasks on client’s property including all aspects of tree removal, pruning, inspecting, climbing. Properly use safety equipment. Perform labor to accomplish all tasks of operations, including but not limited to felling, bucking, limbing, pruning, raking, debris cleanup, inspecting, tree removal, etc.
- Perform end of the day duties including accurately recording hours worked, completing all job site reports and inventory all materials used on the job, review and prepare for the next day’s job, unload/load equipment & material, clean out truck/trailer by removing trash, debris, etc.
- Strictly adhere to Tree Trust’s safety policies and procedures including the ANSI Z133 for Tree Care Operations
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background and motor vehicle check.
- Must be 18 years of age with a valid driver license and a clean driving record as determined by our insurance carrier.
- 0-2 years climbing arborist experience.
- ISA certification or ability to obtain credential. Must maintain valid certification.
- Possess or be able to obtain Class A CDL within 90 days of hire.
- Possess or be able to acquire chemical applicator license with endorsements A, E and J within 90 days of hire.
- Experience operating power equipment including aerial lifts, chain saws, skid steers, woodchippers, and stump grinders.
- Climbing experience using ropes and saddle, including working knowledge of knots, and climbing hardware, to perform tree care tasks.
- Must have the ability to frequently climb, bend, stoop, twist and frequently lift 50 pounds.
- Must possess a strong work ethic, positive attitude and work well within a team.
- Must be able to give work direction and work well under pressure within a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must be teachable, trainable and project a proactive attitude-always looking for the next way to find solutions.
- Must have strong communication skills and be an effective listener.
- Must be reliable, possess a positive attitude and be able to work independently.
- Experience using cranes and/or ropes for controlled rigging and removal.
Work Environment: — Job will require constantly working outdoors in all types of weather conditions and exposure to elements. This can include heavy to moderate noise, extreme proximity to moving equipment or machinery, proximity to electrical energy, exposure to tools and machines used in tree care and landscaping industries.
Physical demands— Physical demands require constantly moving, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Frequently ascends/descends trees using climbing rigging to perform work. Frequently operates machinery and will use hands/fingers and legs to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect and position materials. Frequently required to stand and walk, lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Constantly required to communicate with ability to talk and hear.