Tree Trust’s Landscape Services is a professional landscape and ecological contracting department that serves public, residential, and commercial clients throughout the greater Twin Cities metro area. Our highly trained crews are experienced in a broad range of green industry disciplines. Our knowledgeable staff maintains certifications and professional memberships that keep us current with best management practices, installation techniques, and material technology. Revenue generated by Landscape Services directly supports Tree Trust’s youth employment training and community forestry programs – you can feel good supporting an agency that makes a difference in your own community. Visit www.treetrust.org for more information. Find out more about Tree Trust Landscape Services at www.treetrustls.com.
Status: Regular, Full-time, Non-exempt
Manage and perform all aspects of handicap accessible ramp installation including meeting with clients, project design, and production.
- Effectively communicate with new leads, clients, and key stake holders
- Customize ramp design, develop project estimates, and perform general administrative duties
- Develop and coordinate project schedules
- Order and manage inventory of project materials
- Manage project expenses
- Complete projects in a timely and professional manner
- Develop project tracking, expense, and other required reports
- Safely operate and maintain tools and equipment
- Strictly adhere to Tree Trust’s safety policies and procedures
- Assist with regular duties including repairs on equipment and organizing/cleaning shop area
- Provide direct supervision to any crew or assignees
- Other duties as assigned
- Snow removal is a condition of year-round employment
- Must be 18 years of age with a valid driver's license and a clean driving record as determined by our insurance carrier
- High school diploma
- Technical degree or equivalent education or experience preferred
- A valid driver’s license; CDL preferred
- Knowledge and experience in carpentry and wood frame construction
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience operating power tools including circular saw, table saw, miter saw, drill, and other related tools
- Must be able to pass a criminal background and motor vehicle check
- Must have the ability to frequently climb, bend, stoop, twist, and lift 50 pounds
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work independently, and meet deadlines
- Ability to organize and manage resources to complete projects on time and within budget
- Must be willing to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Must be reliable, possess a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and work well within a team
- Must be able to give work direction and work well under pressure within a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Must be teachable, trainable, and project a proactive attitude - always looking for the next way to find solutions
- Must have strong communication skills and be an effective listener
What You Will Get from This Role
- Excellent benefits package includes PTO, retirement, health, dental, life, and other voluntary insurance.
- Collaborative, supportive, productive yet fun work culture that one department leader described as “the best team I’ve ever worked with” (and they had spent their career in orgs like ours!). In a recent employee survey (taken by 90% of staff), 100% of respondents reported that they know they're making a “significant contribution” here.
- Opportunity to work collaboratively, in a supportive environment.
Tree Trust is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.