Tree Trust’s Landscape Services is a professional landscape and ecological contracting department that serves public, residential, and commercial clients throughout the greater Twin Cities metro area. Our highly trained crews are experienced in a broad range of green industry disciplines. Our knowledgeable staff maintains certifications and professional memberships that keep us current with best management practices, installation techniques, and material technology. Revenue generated by Landscape Services directly supports Tree Trust’s youth employment training and community forestry programs – you can feel good supporting an agency that makes a difference in your own community. Visit www.treetrust.org for more information. Find out more about Tree Trust Landscape Services at www.treetrustls.com.
Status: Regular, Full-time, Non-exempt
The Landscape Construction Supervisor/Estimator position leads a crew in the construction of a variety of landscape, construction, carpentry, and ecological projects. This individual is responsible for selling and scheduling projects as well as field management and production.
- Represents Company to a variety of clientele for the purpose of building relationships that lead to new business.
- Meets or exceeds established sales goals.
- Performs all aspects of the bidding process including client meetings, field estimates, drawing plans, bid proposals and estimates.
Field Management and Supervision
- Prepares for and leads projects by reviewing scope of work, communicating to crew, ordering materials and scheduling equipment and/or subcontractors.
- Ensures project plans and schedules are aligned with contracts, budget, forecasting, and job costing.
- Organizes worksites for efficiency and safety; adheres to and enforce all Tree Trust safety policies and procedures.
- Leads and assist in the installation of hardscape, soft-scape, grading, excavating, carpentry and a wide variety of other landscape projects.
- Provides coaching and feedback to crew members for continuous improvement and employee development.
- Maintains facility grounds by ensuring a well-organized and clean workspace including vehicles, trailers and equipment.
- Leads snow removal operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current driver’s license and a clean driving record as determined by Tree Trust’s insurance carrier.
- Must possess and maintain MN DOT medical certificate within fifteen (15) days of hire.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background and motor vehicle check.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in leading landscape projects.
- Experience with sales, scheduling and project management.
- Knowledge of horticultural best practices.
- Experience with installation of hardscapes including patios, retaining walls, masonry etc.
- Working knowledge of landscape design, carpentry skills, and construction.
- Able to give work direction and work well under pressure in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must be teachable, trainable and solutions oriented.
- Able to work well within a team or independently with little work direction.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must have the ability to frequently climb, bend, stoop, twist and frequently lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to competently operate electric and gas-powered tools; experience in heavy equipment such as excavators, skid steers and front-end loaders is preferred.
- Must be reliable and possess a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Must be able to perform work outdoors in all conditions including inclement weather.
What You Will Get from This Role
- Excellent benefits package includes PTO, retirement, health, dental, life, and other voluntary insurance.
- Collaborative, supportive, productive yet fun work culture that one department leader described as “the best team I’ve ever worked with” (and they had spent their career in orgs like ours!). In a recent employee survey (taken by 90% of staff), 100% of respondents reported that they know they're making a “significant contribution” here.
- Opportunity to work collaboratively, in a supportive environment.
Tree Trust is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.